- Ultra-compact, vandal-resistant design
- Progressive scan
- HDTV 1080p / 2 MP
- Easy, flexible installation
- Corridor Format
- Edge storage
- Multiple H.264 streams.
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection and detection of camera tampering attempts like blocking or spray-painting.
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af), eliminating the need for power cables and reducing installation costs.
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6 and Quality of Service.
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications.
- Support for common e-mail services requires 5.50 firmware or later. The access to many common webmail services requires SSL/TLS security. Predefined profiles for Gmail, Hotmail, AOL and Yahoo are included in the 5.50 firmware in order to simplify the configuration.