Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ is an 8-bay desktop network attached storage built with great scalability and performance, ideally suitable for growing businesses. You can easily scale it up to 18 drives with two expansion unit DX5174 when needing more storage capacity. In addition, M.2 SSD adapter M2D183 is available for you to supercharge the random IOPS through SSD cache, while an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter escalates data transmission bandwidth to meet intensive workload demands. DS1819+ is equipped with one quad-core processor and 4 GB memory1 (upgradable to 32 GB), delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing under aggregated 10Gb Ethernet environment2. The built-in four Gigabit LAN ports support failover and Link Aggregation. DS1819+ can also be deployed with your existing virtualization environments with its dynamic virtual machine certificates.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage efficiency
DS1819+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• Advanced LUN offered by the cutting-edge iSCSI service built for administrators provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS1819+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop devices. DS1819+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
• Server backup: Active Backup for Server provides an agentless backup solution, centralizing the data from Windows and Linux servers through SMB and rsync to effectively minimize deployment and management costs.
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and supports cross-platform synchronization to allow anywhere data access. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules and organize daily tasks effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful information management and interaction features.
Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking user interface, DSM provides simple desktop-like experience to minimize the efforts in exploring and managing your Synology NAS.
The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages designed specifically for your unique needs, including file backup, virtualization, productivity, safeguard security and utilities.
With all the built-in and add-on features, DSM provides you with complete and fine-grained control of your DS1819+, maximizing your productivity and make the best out of your digital assets. All can be done with just a few clicks.